International choreographic contest “INTERNATIONAL DANCE GAMES” ®. The idea of holding such contest as International Dance Games is caused by the Olympic ideal of competitiveness in a fair contest of dance groups from all over the world. This idea should inspire people to feel the spirit of the event, regardless of the artistic level of their performances. The main idea of our events is to motivate young dancers to make their dreams come true, to show the public what they are capable of, to demonstrate art to the spectators and to give the group leaders a possibility to exchange experiences. The idea of International dance games is expressed in the experience of millions of people from all over the world, in the promotion of peace, friendship, fraternal relationships and solidarity of nations through the art of dance, rich traditions and national standards of self expression and communication. Through the language of art people from different countries meet and exchange the most sacred things – works of cultural and artistic expression. Regularly choreographic groups from different countries meet on the International Dance Games to make a contribution to the matter of peace and mutual understanding among people from all over the world. And all together they celebrate a grand holiday of dance as it’s a common language for people from all over the world. Fiestalonia Milenio is a constant member of CID UNESCO / The dance council under UNESCO.
The contest is held once a year moving from one country to another.
The name of the contest INTERNATIONAL DANCE GAMES ® is protected by the international patent!
Attention! We have a special offer for this contest! Please, check “Prices”!
All our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation without competing in the competition in the framework of the festival program *.
* For the dancers who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival are provided with joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing dancers will also perform at international friendship concerts combining with different choreographic directions.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
23 – 27 June 2019 – Spain
How it was last year! Check it here!
Why is it worth participating in this contest
- it is one of the biggest contests of dance teams;
- there are impressive opening and closing ceremonies;
- the system of evaluation guarantees the highest quality of judging;
- trainings, master-classes, round tables with the leading specialists and tutors;
- official international numbered certificates with the results of the contest are given not only to the dance teams, but each individual participant is also given a personalized certificate;
- team heads and sponsors are given personalized thank-you letters;
- each dance team is given a personalized certificate for its contribution in the cultural international progress in the form of engraving on a special base;
- master classes.
- classical dance;
- contemporary dance (jazz modern, neoclassic);
- variety dance (contemporary ballet, show groups, step);
- sport dance (hip hop, disco, techno, street, electric boogie, break dance, pop locking, and other street styles);
- folk dance;
- ballroom dance;
- oriental dance;
- social dance (Argentine Tango, balboa, bachata, boogie, waltz, West Coast swing, zouk, Irish set dancing, country music, kizomba, lindy hop, machine, merengue, reggaeton, rueda, salsa, samba de gafieira, Semba, forró, hustle, and others).
Age groups of the participants
- I) younger than 9 years old
- II ) 10-12 years
- III) 13-15 years
- IV) 16-19 years
- V) 20-25 years
- VI) от 26 years
* The group age is based on the majority of the participants.
- Each group should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions of 2-5 minutes each. Each soloist should present 1 performance up to 4 minutes.
- All the compositions should be recorded on a USB flash drive. And also it’s obligatory to have a backup copies of the music tracks on a CD.
- In the application, it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one set.
- It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets, and small groups of 3-5 persons.
- Due to the organizational issues and for providing optimal conditions for the participants, participation in the contest is allowed only in case if the whole services pack including accommodation of the participants is booked directly via the booking department of Fiestalonia Milenio or via the travel agencies we collaborate with. It is an obligatory condition, therefore it’s a part of the Participation conditions.
The jury of the contest is formed of competent specialists in choreographic art.
Professors, associate professors and leading tutors of world’s higher cultural educational establishments, and famous critics. The jury of the contest is formed of the most important cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers. Participation in the gala concert isn’t guaranteed for everyone and is confirmed due to the results of the previous shows according to the consolidated legislative decision of the contest providers and the judges.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- mastery – technique of movements’ execution;
- compositional creation of the performance;
- suitability for the theatre (flexibility, costume, properties, performing standards);
- choice and correspondence of the musical and choreographic materials;
- artistic skills, disclosure of an artistic image.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “INTERNATIONAL DANCE GAMES” (platinum diploma).
* ensembles, soloists, duets and small groups – winners of the first prizes and the Grand prize are given personalized trophy cups FIESTALONIA. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest. Each group gets from the Spanish authorities an additional diploma in the form of engraving on a special base. Each team head and sponsor will be given thank-you letters on the letterhead of the kingdom of Spain.
*All Art Groups or soloists who win the first prize receive a special award in the form of an engraved plaque.Winners of the Grand Prix are given trophies from Fiestalonia. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest.
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs.
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
11:00 – rehearsal;
12:30 – lunch;
14:00 – the beginning of the contest;
19:30 – dinner;
20:00 – master class.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – an excursion is possible for an additional charge;
20:00 – dinner;
21:00 – a visit to a flamenco show with vine, sangria, champagne, and other drinks (for an additional charge).
4th day Wednesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – an excursion is possible for an additional charge;
19:30 – dinner;
20:30 – the beginning of the gala concert of the winners and giving out the awards.
5th day Thursday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00
* ATTENTION! Organizers have the opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
- accommodation in a triple room €230 /person – extra day €40/person
- accommodation in a double room €255 /person – extra day €46/person
- accommodation in a single room €345 /person – extra day €76/person
If you pay before the 1st of January, the price will be:
- accommodation in a triple room €210 /person – extra day €37/person
- accommodation in a double room €235 /person – extra day €45/person
- accommodation in a single room €315 /person – extra day €58/person
- soloists pay extra €50.
- duets pay extra €40 for a duet.
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra charge €15 per person.
What is included into the price
- 5 days and 4 nights in a three-star hotel;
- full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) + water;
- two concerts: competitive viewing; Gala Concert with award ceremony;
- certificates and trophy cups from the contest providers;
- thank-you letters for professors and sponsors;
- festival fee;
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
Attention: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
Attention: Check out from the hotels is at 10:00 am
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in: – 0.5 Euro / person / night
* ATTENTION! Please be aware that the Master Class that is included in the festival and will be attended COLLECTIVELY by ALL participants. Optionally, you can order a separate master class for an additional charge:
- Individual Master Class 100Euro / 1 hour
- Collective Master Class 400Euro / 1,5 hours
To take part in the contest, contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0034 972 376 550 / 0034 602 493 188
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application, please send to email@example.com
Booklet of our all choreography competitions
Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs