This contest invites for the participation: 🎙 Vocal studios and choirs, 💃🕺 choreographic groups and individual dancers, 🎺 orchestras and instrumental groups, 🎭 theaters 👨🎨artists and designers☝️ as well as individual performers – soloist
27— 31 May 2023
The international festival&contest BlackSeaFest will be held in the city of Batumi – the tourist capital of Georgia located on the Black Sea coast. Today Batumi is the most important cultural, economic and tourist center of Georgia. It is famous for the historical center of the city and the modern tourist area with skyscrapers. The city with the richest history, mention of which occurs in the IV century BC, the Greek philosopher Aristotle.
In this Festival in Batumi, an important role is assigned to the jury, consisting of world-renowned professionals in their field. They evaluate the technique, musicality, emotionality, and originality of the performances, helping to identify the most talented and deserving participants. That is why the search for sponsors to participate and support talented and promising participants is so important.
In addition to the majority of Georgian resorts that lure travelers with their historical charm, Batumi stands out as a beacon of modernity and originality. With its eclectic collection of striking architecture, one-of-a-kind attractions, and a captivating mix of shapes, colors, and sounds, Batumi is a true marvel to behold. Unlike other cities built up with rows of shops and hotels, Batumi is a sprawling park that provides a refreshing respite from the scorching summer heat and transforms into a lively hub of activity come nightfall. As the epitome of contemporary Georgia, Batumi boasts pristine beaches that draw visitors from around the globe, a rich cultural heritage that is both captivating and enlightening, a plethora of events that keep boredom at bay, and restaurants serving delectable dishes from the national cuisine.
The ideals of Fiestalonia are directed on the uniting the creative people, which will take part in this significant event for the whole region, where the representatives of different countries and nationalities will meet in order to promulgate the peace, friendship, fraternal relations and world nations’ solidarity by means of art of dance, singing and music!
The competition is held under the patronage of the mayor of Batumi | Georgian Ministry of Culture | Foundation Open Spain | ACAVE | Conservatory of Gerona. Every teacher and leader of the group will receive a special European thank you certificate and official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of Spain. The best teams and performers will receive free participation at the contests of international importance in Spain, Italy and France.
Welcome to the festival in Batumi.
All of our programs consist of two parts:
1. Participation in the competition and festival
2. Participation in the Festival without competing in the competition*.
* For those who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival. They will still participate in the other festival activities including: joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing participants will also perform at international friendship concerts combining different kinds of art.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
6 reasons why you need participate in this contest in Batumi
We currently have on our website
For the contest:
In the nomination:
GROUP (A) – Choreographic groups and soloists
- Classical dance;
- Folk choreography, folk-stylized dance, ethnic dances;
- Ballroom dance;
- Ballet dance;
- Sport dance (hip-hop, disco, techno, street, electric boogie, break dance, pop locking and other street styles);
- Modern dances (jazz, modern, neoclassic etc.);
- Variety dance;
- Oriental dance;
- Children dances;
- Street dance;
- Social dance (argentine tango, balboa, bachata, boogie-voogie, waltz west coast swing, zoom, Irish network dance, country, lindy-hop, merengue, reggaeton, rueda, salsa, samba, samba de gaffiyera, forro, hastl and etc.)
GROUP (B) — instrumental music (soloists, ensembles, orchestras)
- Percussion instruments’ ensembles;
- Guitarists’ ensembles;
- Jazz style ensembles;
- Chamber orchestras;
- Symphony orchestras;
- Accordion and button accordion players’ orchestras;
- Folk orchestra ensembles;
- Soloists and piano ensembles (programs for a one piano).
Group (C) – singing (ensembles, soloists, duet, trio, quartet, quintet)
- Academic singing;
- Folk singing;
- Folk (authentic) singing;
- Jazz singing;
- Pop Singing.
Choir’s singing. B1.1. mixed; B1.2. Half mixed/chamber choirs; B1.3. Homogeneous choirs; B1.4. Children.
- Academic singing
- Folk singing;
- Folklore (authentic) singing;
- Pop singing;
- Jazz singing;
GROUP (D) – artists and authors of the decorative and applied arts’ products, fashion theaters:
- I category: fashion theaters;
- II category: students of art schools and child art schools;
- III category: students of art colleges, academies and institutes;
- IV category: young professional artists;
- V category: photo and video works (photo workshops, photo exhibitions, studios, authors).
GROUP (E) – Original genre*
- I category: circus, clownery, acrobatics, original gymnastics, juggling;
- II category: illusion;
- III category: pantomime, variety miniature, theatre miniature;
- IV category: art of speaking word, readers.
*Air, fire and animal acts are prohibited.
AGE GROUPS OF THE PARTICIPANTS
- I) younger than 9 years old
- II ) 10-12 years
- III) 13-15 years
- IV) 16-19 years
- V) 20-25 years
- VI) from 26 years
- * The group age is based on the majority of the participants.
CONDITIONS FOR THE PARTICIPATION
CONDITIONS FOR THE PARTICIPATION IN THE NOMINATIONS OF GROUPS A, B, C, E
- For the international contest each team needs to provide 1 or 2 competitive compositions lasting 2-5 minutes each. Each soloist – one number up to 4 minutes.
- All backing tracks must be provided to the Competition Organizer 2 weeks before the start of the competition via email. It is also obligatory for the contestant to have backup copies of the tracks on a usb flash drive during the competition. Only the following audio formats are accepted: MP3, WAV, AIFF.
- In the application it should be indicated whether a break between numbers is needed or the work will be carried out as one block.
- It is necessary to indicate in the application the soloists, duets, and small form groups from three to five people.
- During competitive performances, both groups and soloists are prohibited from using plus-phonograms.
CONDITIONS OF THE PARTICIPATION IN THE NOMINATIONS OF GROUP D
- Each participant can provide no more than 2 competitive works, format of the work is no more than A3;
- The subjects and technique of execution of works are various;
- Tablets (cameras for photographers).
The jury of the BlackSeaFest competition is staffed by outstanding artists, educators and producers. The exact list of jury members will be published closer to the beginning of the competition. The list of possible members of the jury of the competition can be found at: http://fiestalonia.net/jury/
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- GROUP (А) – choreographic groups and soloists
- – mastery – technique of movements’ execution;
- – compositional creation of the performance;
- – suitability for the theatre (flexibility, costume, properties, performing standards);
- – choice and correspondence of the musical and choreographic materials;
- – artistic skills, disclosure of an artistic image.
- GROUP (B) – instrumental groups and soloists
- – degree of the complexity of the repertoire;
- – degree of virtuosity and technical capability;
- – scenic culture, artistic skill, posture.
- GROUP (С) – singing (choirs, ensembles, duets, trios, soloists)
- – purity of the intonation and quality of sound;
- – beauty of the timbre and the voice strength;
- – scenic culture, artistic skill
- – Mastery – technique of movements’ execution
- GROUP (D) – artists and authors of the decorative and applied arts’ products, fashion theaters
- – author’s creative personality and mastery;
- – composition methods skill
- – skills in the technique the work is done;
- – uniqueness of the idea and execution;
- – colour solution.
- GROUP (E) – Original genre
- – level of preparation and mastery;
- – suitability for the theatre (flexibility, costume, properties, performing standards);
- – artistic mounting of the program.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “BlackSeaFest” (platinum diploma).
Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest. Ensembles, soloists, duets and small groups – winners of the first prizes get from the Spanish authorities an additional diploma in the form of engraving on a special base. The Grand prize winners are given the nominal diploma and personalized trophy cups FIESTALONIA. Each team head, teacher and sponsor will be given thank-you letters on the letterhead of the kingdom of Spain. The directors of the groups will get an international certificate of passing the master classes. We have established special award of the president of Fiestalonia Milenio – a free participation in the international contests in Spain, Italy and France.
PROGRAM OF STAY
– Arrival of the foreign participants,
– transfer from airport to hotel (extra charge)
– check in to a hotel; (from 14:00)
– dinner at the hotel
(night at Batumi hotel)
– press conference;
– presentation of international festivals committee Fiestalonia (Spain).
– registration of the participants;
– Tour in Batumi (2 – 2,5 hours)
DURING THE EXCURSION YOU WILL VISIT:
– Old and New Boulevard, with its amazing singing fountains
– The statue of Ali and Nino – a symbol of eternal love and understanding between nations
– Piazza Batumi Square
* The tour of Batumi is included in the price.
(night at Batumi hotel)
– Breakfast and dinner at hotel
– Contest day;
– Transfer (Hotel – contest hall -hotel)
(night at Batumi hotel)
– Breakfast and dinner at hotel;
– Day free;
– Transfer (Hotel – concert hall – hotel)
– 18:00 — Gala concert and giving out of the awards to the participants*;
*Gala concert will be held with the participation of the winners selected by the organizing committee of the competition together with the jury.
(night at Batumi hotel)
– Breakfast at the hotel
-check out from the hotel at 12:00.
✅ ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
✅ ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
✅ INCREASE the number of days of your stay and we will organize an excellent excursion program for you! The price of additional days is indicated in the “price” section. For detailed information on excursion programs, you can check with our managers by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
✅ BOOK an excursion program in advance, ask our managers for details about our excursion offer: email@example.com
* If you miss the lunch due to excursions or performances you have to ask for dry rations at the reception of your hotel the day before.
WHAT IS INCLUDED INTO THE PRICE
- 5 days and 4 nights (Accommodation in a hotel according to your choice);
- Transfer hotel – place of performing – hotel
- Excursion around Batumi with the guide
- Program of the contest
- Gala Concert with an award ceremony;
- * ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soloists pay 60 Euros extra.
- Duets pay 50 euros per duo.
- Small forms of 3-5 people pay 40 euros per group.
- For each additional nomination for soloists, duets, small groups up to 12 people – surcharge 20 euros/person.
- For participation in the additional nomination for groups of 13 persons and more – surcharge 250 euros per group.
- *This price includes: everything according to the program, except hotel accommodation, meals and transfers.
- *If groups/participants want to take part in an additional nomination – they have to pay additional fees.
- *If more than one nomination is applied for – it must be paid as an additional participation.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
|HOTEL IBERIA 3*, Batumi (breakfast + dinner)||Price||Extra night|
|Accommodation in a QDRPL room||235 € / person||33 € / person|
|Accommodation in a TRPL room||250 € / person||38 € / person|
|Accommodation in a DBL room||270 € / person||46 € / person|
|Accommodation in a SNGL room||375 € / person||65 € / person|
|APART-HOTEL AQUA BATUMI , ERA PALACE 4* (breakfast + dinner)||Price||Extra night|
|Accommodation in a QDRPL room||245 € / person||39 € / person|
|Accommodation in a TRPL room||260 € / person||44 € / person|
|Accommodation in a DBL room||280 € / person||50 € / person|
|Accommodation in a SNGL room||385 € / person||69 € / person|
|THE PRICE OF THE TOUR INCLUDES|
|All transfers according to the program (from 09: 00-23: 00)|
Accommodation in a hotel of the selected category.
Batumi tour English -speaking guide during the excursion
✅ ATTENTION: Price does not include tourist tax. Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in.
PERIOD OF ACCEPTING THE APPLICATIONS
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Download the contest program in PDF format
The Jury of the contest
The jury includes world renowned choreographers, vocalists, conductors, musicians, producers, music critics from Spain, France, Italy, China, the USA and other countries. The international jury is formed by the organizer of the competition.
graduate of the Switzerland vocal school, soprano with extensive experience in solo performances in various opera productions in Europe, regularly performing on the stage of the Vienna’s Opera. She has a large repertory and is often asked to interpret the contemporary repertoire
solo artist and composer, Representative of the modern Spanish show-business in Barcelona. Her songs are in rotation on the most popular radio in Spain and are included in the top 40 songs according to Radio los 40 Principales.
educated at the Conservatory at Gran Teatre of Liceo in Barcelona. The first soprano and the choir soloist of the Gran Theatre of Liceo in Barcelona. Soloist of the orchestra «La principal de la Bisbal» and «La Orquesta Maravella».
Pianist and composer.
He is the author of all the soundtracks for the films Vittorio Moroni and Matteo Pellegrini. Since 2016 he is the artistic director of the piano academy. Supporter of awareness of musical thought and the ability of imagination.
composer and conductor of symphony orchestras, choir conductor, arranger and music critic. Composer for the symphonic orchestra of Barcelona. The Winner of the National Prize among Catalonia.
Musician and composer.
Soloist of the musical instrumental ensemble «Quintet». Winner of the most important musical festivals. Grammy nominee and Naras Grammy in 2003 for the best work in “Latino Flamenco”.
CEO and founder of the music school in Lloret de Mar Sis Cordes.
in Contemporary Dance. President of the Latvian Section of the World Art Association WAPA. Certified author of her own method. Choreographer and founder of the DK Dance Theater. Author of international trainings for choreographers.
dancer, recursor of urban dance style in Europe. He studied in the Best hip-hop skhools in Los Angeles, Tokyo, London and Paris. Winner of 3 nationals championships, “Nike Rockstar Workout” and TV-program “Kulbik”. Worked with Nike and Reebok
José Mª López Santamaria
Choreograph, Art Director.
He has danced in Theatersommer Netzeband, the Staatstheater Schwerin (Germany), the Gran Teatro del Liceo, the Teatro Real and the Berlioz Opera. In 2008 he created his own company. Artistic Director of the Baix Montseny Dance Competition
and director of the a.s.d.c CENTER STAGE since 2007. Graduate of the Royal Academy of Dance in London. Member of the regional Dance League Council. She has directed more than 20 shows and countless exhibitions and events for the city and beyond.
Submit pre-application form
The application can be supplemented or changed at any time
How our festivals are going? Look the video!
Why participate in festivals and competitions from Fiestalonia. Expert opinions:
About 20 years
we help creative people express themselves
Contestants from over 60 countries
participate in competitions organized by us
More than 35 annual events
competitions and master classes – around the world in a variety of creative directions
International jury of
world celebrities, teachers from conservatories, authors of teaching methods
Cash grants over 260.000€
we issued to talented children and their teachers
More than 150.000 people
have already taken part in our projects
Participants from over 60 countries
participate in contests organized by us
More than 1000 contestants
participation in our festivals and competitions helped to enter the conservatory
More than 300 thanks
received by us from state and public structures
World Grand Prix for choral singing
Beauty of the Costa Brava – festival-contest of fine arts and photography in Spain
Artists, designers, photographers, sculptors, masters of applied art are invited to take…
Super Grand Prix – Prestigious International Talent Contest of creative amateur groups and individual performers
Lloret de Mar, Spain 2023 05 — 10 November…