International contest of music and singing “MÚSICA DEL MAR”. The program of the contest is held in Lloret de Mar and for the gala concert participants of this prestigious festival move to Tossa de Mar where they perform in a stunning castle-fortress of the 12th century Villa Vella. It’s curious that people still live in this city-fortress. From the magnificent scenery and the stands, one can see a picturesque view of the Mediterranean sea and the most beautiful harbor of the Costa Brava. In the contest there participate, pianists, guitarists, performers playing strung, bow and wind instruments; orchestras and soloists, performers of classical and jazz singing, academic and chamber choirs. For the participants of this festival and for their accompanying persons there is organized a special excursion program. The provider of the contest is Fiestalonia Milenio together with the town hall of Lloret de Mar, the town hall of Tossa de Mar, Culture Department of Tossa de Mar, Department of tourism of Lloret de Mar, the Ministry of Culture of Catalonia, association “World of Culture” and the Charity Fund “Fundacion SOS”. The mood, feelings, and emotions reigning during this festival make the participants not only immerse into the atmosphere of the holiday but also enjoy the beauty of the music on the background of the sea breakers.
All of our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation in the Festival without competing in the competition*.
* For those who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival. They will still participate in the other festival activities including: joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing participants will also perform at international friendship concerts combining different kinds of art.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
2022, 19 – 22 June – Spain.
2023, 18 – 21 June – Spain.
2024, 16 – 19 June – Spain.
How it was last year! Check it here!
Languages of the festival
– English and Spanish.
Address of the Mayor of Tossa de Mar to the participants of our events
- A1 piano solo
- A2 piano ensembles for one instrument*
* it’s not allowed to perform the program playing more than one instrument
B folklore instruments
- B1 soloists
- B2 duets
- B3 small groups
- B4 ensembles
C stringed, bow, wind and percussion instruments
- C1 soloists
- C2 duets
- C3 small groups
- C4 ensembles
- D1 soloists
- D2 duets
- D3 small groups
- D4 ensembles
E academic singing
- E1 soloists
- E2 duets
- E3 small groups
- E4 ensembles and choirs
F pop – jazz – gospell – spiritual
- F1 soloists
- F2 duets
- F3 small groups
- F4 ensembles and choirs
Age groups of the participants
- I) younger than 9 years old
- II ) 10-12 years
- III) 13-15 years
- IV) 16-19 years
- V) 20-25 years
- VI) от 26 years
* The group age is based on the majority of the participants.
- Each group or soloist should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions of 3-8 minutes each.
- All the compositions should be recorded on a USB flash drive. And also it’s obligatory to have a backup copy of tracks on a CD.
- In the application it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one set.
- It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets and small groups of 3-5 persons.
- During the competitive performances as to the groups, so to the soloists it’s prohibited to use lip-synching sound records.
The jury is formed of famous musicians and specialists in the sphere of instrumental music and singing, cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers. Participation in the gala concert isn’t guaranteed for everyone and is confirmed due to the results of the previous shows according to the consolidated legislative decision of the contest providers and the judges.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- degree of the complexity of the repertoire;
- degree of virtuosity and technical capability;
- scenic culture, artistic skill, creative uniqueness.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “MÚSICA DEL MAR” (platinum diploma).
* ensembles, soloists, duets and small groups – winners of the first prizes and the Grand prize are given personalized trophy cups FIESTALONIA. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest. Each group gets from the Spanish authorities an additional diploma in the form of engraving on a special base. Each team head and sponsor will be given thank-you letters on the letterhead of the kingdom of Spain.
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
– rehearsal (on request);
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
13:00 – lunch;
14:00 – rehearsal;
17:00 – beginning of the contest;
20:00 – dinner.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – excursion tips (optional, for extra charge);
18:00 – beginning of the gala concert in the castle Villa Vella, giving out of the awards;
22:00 – dinner.
4th day Wednesday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you miss the lunch due to excursions or performances you have to ask for dry rations at the reception of your hotel the day before.
Theatre of Lloret de Mar
Place of the Gala Concert Villa Vella
What is included into the price
- 4 days and 3 nights in a three-star hotel or in four-star hotel;
- full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner)+ drinks;
- transfer hotel – place of holding gala concert in Tossa de Mar – hotel;
- special thank-you certificates in the form of engraving on a special basis from the town´s authorities
- thank-you letters for choreographers and sponsors on the official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of Spain.
- festival fee;
- accommodation in a double room for the group leaders of 25 persons and more – without any charges;
- common master-class.
|Three-star hotel with full board||OFFER!
Four-star hotel with full board
- soloists pay extra €50
- duets pay extra €40 for a duet
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra fee €25 per person.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
Attention: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
Attention: Check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Please be aware that the Master Class that is included in the festival are COMMON and will be attended by ALL participants. Optionally, you can order a separate master class for an additional charge:
- Individual Master Class 100Euro / 1 hour
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in: in Spain – 0.5 Euro / person / night
- Original pictures from the contest, gala concert and the award ceremony on a CD/flash drive;
- Photo services during the trips/excursions. Photoshoots for groups and soloists;
- Hair stylist (Make up and hairstyle);
- Master classes from the Spanish art workers;
- Assisting Translator. (accompanying person);
- Video shooting of a contest/gala concert.* All the extra services are provided on demand. They should be requested minimum 3 days before the beginning of the contest. The prices of the extra services are to be specified from our managers.
- Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
- Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
- Port Aventura
- Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)!
- Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
- Flamenco show with dinner and drinks
To book a contest trip contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0034 972 376550 / 0034 688 276248 After that we will refer you to the authorized tour operator in you country
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to email@example.com
Catalog of our festivals and competitions 2018 – 2020
Dear friends! Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs.