International choreographic contest Dance Factory
International choreographic contest Dance Factory is held on the Spanish coast Costa Brava. It is a tension and rejoicing, a triumph and tears of happiness, dizziness from success and immersion in a grand atmosphere of an international competition, feelings that thousands of motivated performers experience in one of the most prestigious contests in Europe. All of them go through unforgettable moments as it’s a meeting of different creative tendencies and styles! All the participants of the contest get an independent and professional valuation of international judges who work according to an accurately considered valuation system which has been developed by us for many years and which guarantees the highest quality of judging. Each participant of the dance competition gets a numbered personalized certificate from the providers of the contest and the group’s leaders get certificates from the Dance Council UNESCO. International choreographic contest Dance Factory in the kingdom of Spain is a cultural event which presents the work of choreographic teams. The main purpose of the festival is the demonstration of art to the audience and also the experience exchange among experts in the field of choreography. Providers of the contest is a festival competitive organization Fiestalonia Milenio (Spain), the town hall of Lloret de Mar, the ministry of tourism of Catalonia, GCCB, the charity fund Fundación SOS, the European folklore society, the association of jazz modern dancers, the supporting fund of classical ballet, the clothes for the presenters are granted by the official sponsors Dolce&Gabbana.
Every year Fiestalonia invites one of the leading and most renowned choreographers in the world, to become a member of the board of the jury and give a master class(es) in their field.
All our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation without competing in the competition in the framework of the festival program *.
* For the dancers who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival are provided with joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing dancers will also perform at international friendship concerts combining with different choreographic directions.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
22 – 26 March 2020, SPAIN
21 – 25 March 2021, SPAIN
20 – 24 March 2022, SPAIN
How it was last year! Check it here!
Languages of the festival
– English and Spanish.
Why is it worth participating in this contest
- international choreographic contest Dance Factory is one of the biggest contests of dance teams;
- there are impressive opening and closing ceremonies;
- the system of evaluation guarantees the highest quality of judging;
- trainings, master-classes, roundtables with the leading specialists and tutors;
- flash mob and video grabbing on the central town square near the town hall;
- full board (buffet: breakfast, lunch, dinner + drinks);
- official international numbered certificates with the results of the contest are given not only to the dance teams, but each individual participant is also given a personalized certificate;
- team heads and sponsors are given personalized thank-you letters on the official numbered letterhead of the kingdom of Spain;
- each dance team is given a personalized certificate for its contribution into the cultural international progress in the form of engraving on a special base
Address of the Mayor of Lloret de Mar to the participants of international choreographic contest Dance Factory
- classical dance;
- contemporary dance (jazz modern, neoclassic);
- variety dance (contemporary ballet, show groups, step);
- sport dance (hip hop, disco, techno, street, electric boogie, break dance, pop locking, and other street styles);
- folk dance;
- ballroom dance;
- oriental dance;
- social dance (Argentine Tango, balboa, bachata, boogie, waltz, West Coast swing, zouk, Irish set dancing, country music, kizomba, lindy hop, machine, merengue, reggaeton, rueda, salsa, samba de gafieira, Semba, forró, hustle, and others).
Age groups of the participants
- I) younger than 9 years old
- II ) 10-12 years
- III) 13-15 years
- IV) 16-19 years
- V) 20-25 years
- VI) от 26 years
* The group age is based on the majority of the participants.
- Each group should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions of 2-5 minutes each. Each soloist should present 1 performance up to 4 minutes.
- All the compositions should be recorded on a USB flash drive. And also it’s obligatory to have backup copies of the music tracks on a CD.
- In the application, it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one set.
- It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets, and small groups of 3-5 persons.
- Due to the organizational issues and for providing optimal conditions for the participants, participation in the contest is allowed only in case if the whole services pack including accommodation of the participants is booked directly via the booking department of Fiestalonia Milenio or via the travel agencies we collaborate with. It is an obligatory condition, therefore it’s a part of the Participation conditions.
The jury of the contest is formed of competent specialists in choreographic art. Professors, associate professors and leading tutors of world’s higher cultural educational establishments, and famous critics. The jury of the contest is formed of the most important choreographers and cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of Eastern Europe and Asia. An international jury is formed by the contest’s providers. Participation in the gala concert isn’t guaranteed for everyone and is confirmed due to the results of the previous shows according to the consolidated legislative decision of the contest providers and the judges.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- mastery – a technique of movements’ execution;
- compositional creation of the performance;
- suitability for the theatre (flexibility, costume, properties, performing standards);
- choice and correspondence of the musical and choreographic materials;
- artistic skills, disclosure of an artistic image.
Prizes of international choreographic contest Dance Factory
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest Dance Factory (platinum diploma).
* ensembles, soloists, duets and small groups – winners of the first prizes and the Grand prize are given personalized trophy cups FIESTALONIA. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest. Each group gets from the Spanish authorities an additional diploma in the form of engraving on a special base. Each team head and sponsor will be given thank-you letters on the letterhead of the kingdom of Spain.
* All the dance groups will be given personalized certificates for their contribution into the cultural international progress in the form of engraving on a special base.
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
– rehearsal (on request);
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
11:00 – rehearsal;
12:30 – lunch;
14:00 – the beginning of the concert;
19:30 – dinner;
20:00 – master class.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
10:00 – full rehearsal on the town square;
11:30 – flash mob on the town square near the town hall;
13:00 – lunch;
14:30 – an excursion is possible for an additional charge;
20:00 – dinner;
21:00 – a visit to a flamenco show with vine, sangria, champagne, and other drinks (for an additional charge).
4th day Wednesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – a trip to the monastic complex Montserrat, an excursion in Montserrat (for an additional charge);
19:30 – dinner;
20:30 – the beginning of the gala concert of the winners and giving out the awards.
5th day Thursday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00
* ATTENTION! Organizers have an opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you miss the lunch due to excursions or performances you have to ask for dry rations at the reception of your hotel the day before.
* ATTENTION! Please be aware that the Master Classe that is included in the festival are COMMON and will be attended by ALL participants. Optionally, you can order a separate master class for an additional charge:
- Individual Master Class 100Euro / 1 hour
- Collective Master Class 400Euro / 1,5 hours
What is included into the price
- 5 days and 4 nights in a three-star hotel or in four-star hotel;
- full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner)+ drinks;
- two concerts: competitive viewing; Gala Concert with award ceremony;
- certificates and trophy cups from the contest providers;
- special thank-you certificates in the form of engraving on a special base;
- thank-you letters for choreographers and sponsors on the official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of Spain;
- festival fee;
- video clip shooting;
- flash mob on the main town square near the town hall;
|Three-star hotel with full board||Four-star hotel with full board|
- soloists pay extra €50
- duets pay extra €40 for a duet
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra fee €15 per person.
Free places on international choreographic contest Dance Factory
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
Attention: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
Attention: Check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check-in: in Spain – 0.5 Euro / person / night
* ATTENTION! Please be aware that the Master Class that is included in the festival and will be attended COLLECTIVELY by ALL participants. Optionally, you can order a separate master class for an additional charge:
- Individual Master Class 100Euro / 1 hour
- Collective Master Class 400Euro / 1,5 hours
- Original pictures from the contest, gala concert and the award ceremony on a CD/flash drive;
- Photo services during the trips/excursions. Photoshoots for groups and soloists;
- Hairstylist (Makeup and hairstyle);
- Master classes from the Spanish art workers;
- Assisting Translator. (accompanying person);
- Video shooting of a contest/gala concert.* All the extra services are provided on demand. They should be requested a minimum of 3 days before the beginning of the contest. The prices of the extra services are to be specified by our managers.
- Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
- Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
- Port Aventura
- Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)!
- Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
- Flamenco show with dinner and drinks
To book a contest trip contact us at our e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0034 972 376550 / 0034 688 276248 After that we will refer you to the authorized tour operator in your country
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to email@example.com
Click image for download booklet
Booklet of our all choreography competitions
Dear friends! Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs.