The international competition of choirs “GOLDEN VOICES OF BARCELONA” – it is a great opportunity for both professional and amateur, non-profit choirs to participate in this unique international festival-contest. In addition to competitive performances, friendly concerts, gala concert in the main square city, the winning choir will have a rare opportunity to perform in the heart of Barcelona, in the symbol of this magnificent city, in the extraordinary creation of outstanding Gaudi – Sagrada Familia or Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi located in gothic old city blocks, or in the La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia.
The combination of the festival with the competition gives an opportunity to plunge into the atmosphere of celebration and music including choirs wishing to perform outside the contest viewing.
This is a significant event for choirs combined with an excellent opportunity to relax on the beautiful coast of the Mediterranean under the tender rays of the Spanish sun, visit Girona, Barcelona, visit the Monastery of Montserrat, the French town of Carcassonne or theatre-museum of Salvador Dali in Figueras.
The organisers of this competition – Festival and Contest movement Fiestalonia Milenio (Spain), the Municipality of Lloret de Mar, Convention Bureau, Church of Sant Roma and ACAVe. ANCA (Australian National Choral Association).
The event is held to promote the art of choral and vocal singing, organ music, as well as to develop creative links between vocal ensembles and choirs of countries, to expand the repertoire of choral groups, creating new choral contacts and exchange of experience.
All our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation without competing in the competition in the framework of the festival program *.
* For the choirs who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival are provided with joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing choirs will also perform at international friendship concerts combining with different choirs.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring your choir to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
07 – 11 July 2019, SPAIN
12 – 16 July 2020, SPAIN
11 – 15 July 2021, SPAIN
How it was last year! Check it here!
As an organiser of international choral festivals and competitions, Fiestalonia appeared as a result of our enthusiastic work, constant search for new ideas and the desire to replace the traditional festivals with more perfect and comfortable ones.
The exceptionally high quality of the festivals is guaranteed by the promise given by the team of Fiestalonia. Our company is strong thanks to our employees, each of whom is a highly qualified professional and a positive person. We create our festivals as stunning and emotionally charged events that invariably remain in memory as the most vivid life impressions.
We realise that, as a flagship of the industry of organisation of festival events, we have the opportunity to influence the established models of festivals through the introduction of the highest standards and innovations. We focus on quality, we think it is the most important and intrinsic value. We have achieved the position that Fiestalonia festivals personify the refinement embodying the best traditions of international cultural meetings.
Languages of the festival
– English and Spanish.
Why is it worth participating in this contest
- one of the biggest choir’s event;
- not just rare, but the only opportunity to perform in the most famous Catholic church in Europe. Now this is real!;
- Sagrada Família and La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia where the Archbishop’s residence is located – the most popular attractions in one of the most visited European city, which means you will be able to perform in front of thousands of people from all over the world;
- participation in competitions of this magnitude – a great motivation for children and adults to develop their talents and improve themselves;
- bright opening and closing ceremonies;
- evaluation system, which guarantees the highest quality of judging;
- Full board (buffet: breakfast, lunch, dinner + drinks);
- official international numbered certificates with the results of the contest are given not only the choirs, but each individual participant is also given a personalized certificate;
- team heads and sponsors are given personalized thank-you letters on the official numbered letterhead of the kingdom of Spain;
- each choir is given a personalized certificate for its contribution into the cultural international progress in the form of engraving on a special base;
- possibility of solo performances.
Address of the Mayor of Lloret de Mar to the participants of contest
Click on the picture to read.
The total time of a performance cannot exceed 10 minutes.
Attention: For all the choirs there’s provided a tour of Barcelona, visiting and performance in Sagrada Familia or in the La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia.
The participating choir that gets the most points will win the «GOLDEN VOICES OF BARCELONA» competition and be rewarded with the chance to give a 20-minute performance at Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi or La Sagrada Família or in the La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia. The concert repertoire should be based on religious content, although a folk piece may be included.
Attention: repertoire of the performances in the Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi/La Sagrada Família / La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia must comply with a place of performance.
At Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi/La Sagrada Família/La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia, musical pieces may only be performed a cappella.
All women and girls are required to cover their shoulders during the performance.
Attention: The repertoire of performances in Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi/La Sagrada Família/La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia must comply with the religious framework of venue.
* F1/F2/F3 – Participants of this category do not perform in Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi/La Sagrada Família/La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia
We ask you to bring 5 copies of the sheet music of each musical composition which is going to be performed. One copy is to be given to the providers of the contest. It’s important that after their publication the choral compositions may be performed just according to the originals of the music notations or to the authorized copies. The copies are to be certified by a stamp and a text only for the jury’s rehearsal during the contest and after the contest they will be eliminated.
Each sheet music should be printed on paper to be handed in.
We provide an electrical piano Yamaha Arius YDP 143 keys 88 with two functions of organ.
1st function Church Organ – typical sound of organ with the register 8 feet, 4 feet, 2 feet. It suits for performing of the church music of the baroque period.
2nd function Church Organ – sound of a full organ basihyal which is often associated with “Toccata and Fugue” by Bach J.S.
The jury of the contest consists of the experts in the field of choral music recognized all over the world. The jury of the contest is formed of the most important cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- choral sound;
- correspondence to the music notations;
- general artistic impression.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “GOLDEN VOICES OF BARCELONA” (platinum diploma).
* Awards and certificates will be given to all the choirs from the providers of the contest. Each choir is given a personalized certificate in the form of engraving on a special base for its contribution into the cultural international relations. Each team head and sponsor will be given a personalized thank-you letter on the official numbered letterhead of the kingdom of Spain. Special trophy cups are provided for the winners.
The participating choir that gets the most points will win the «GOLDEN VOICES OF BARCELONA» competition and be rewarded with the chance to give a 20-minute performance at Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi/La Sagrada Família/La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia. The concert repertoire should be based on religious content, although a folk piece may be included.
*There’s provided a solo concert for the holders of Grand Prize for 45 min (optional) .
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
– rehearsal (on request);
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
12:30 – lunch;
14:00 – rehearsal;
15:30 – beginning of the contest concert;
20:00 – dinner.
3rd day Tuesday:
08:00 – breakfast;
09:00 – possible organization of friendly concerts and master classes;
13:00 – Lunch at the hotel;
18:30 – Gala concert in the main square of the city. Thousands of visitors gather to see this spectacular show of choirs;
21:00 – Dinner at the hotel.
4th day Wednesday:
08:00 – breakfast;
09:00 – travel to Barcelona
– Tour in Barcelona;
– Performance by the winning choir at the expiatory church of La Sagrada Família / La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia / Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi;
– Return to the hotel;
20:00 – dinner;
21:00 – possibility to visit flamenco show with wine, sangria, cava and drinks (for additional fee).
5th day Thursday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
*The price does not include tourist tax.
The customer will be required to pay this tax on arrival at the establishment, at the reception desk: in Spain–0.50 euro per night per person (over 16s).
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you miss the lunch due to excursions or performances you have to ask for dry rations at the reception of your hotel the day before.
Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi
La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia
What is included into the price
- 5 days and 4 nights in a three-star hotel or in four-star hotel;
- full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner)+ drinks;
- three concerts: competitive viewing, performance of choirs in Basílica de Santa Maria del Pi/La Sagrada Família/La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia and Gala Concert with award ceremony;
- certificates and trophy cups from the contest providers;
- special thank-you certificates in the form of engraving on a special base from the town authorities;
- thank-you letters for conductors and sponsors on the official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of Spain;
- Consolidated rehearsals of choirs with foreign choirmasters.
- Master classes (every year we present a new master class program with one of the world’s leading choirmasters)
- festival fee;
- transfer + excursion in Barcelona;
- visas support.
|Three-star hotel with full board||Four-star hotel with full board|
- soloists pay extra €50
- duets pay extra €40 for a duet
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra charge €15 per person.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
Attention: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
Attention: Check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in: in Spain – 0.5 Euro / person / night
- Original pictures from the contest, gala concert and the award ceremony on a CD/flash drive;
- Photo services during the trips/excursions. Photoshoots for groups and soloists;
- Hair stylist (Make up and hairstyle);
- Master classes from the Spanish art workers;
- Assisting Translator. (accompanying person);
- Video shooting of a contest/gala concert.
* All the extra services are provided on demand. They should be requested minimum 3 days before the beginning of the contest. The prices of the extra services are to be specified from our managers.
- Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
- Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
- Port Aventura
- Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)
- Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
- Flamenco show with dinner and drinks
To book a contest trip contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0034 972 376550 / 0034 688 276248
After that we will refer you to the authorized tour operator in you country
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to email@example.com
Booklet of our choral competitions
Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs.