International choir contest “GOLDEN VOICES OF MONTSERRAT” – it is one of the biggest international choir competitive festivals in the world for professional and amateur nonprofit choirs. Annually this festival gathers a lot of choirs turning the Costa Brava – one of the Spanish coasts – into the center of the singing world. An impressive opening of the contest and a bright memorizable final concert will become an emotional framing of this grand event in lives of all the choirs and singers.
Apart from the professional competitive program among choirs from different countries and you get a possibility to sing in the basilica of a monastic complex Montserrat together with a choir of boys Escalonia which is known all over the world. This competitive choir festival “Golden voices of Montserrat” is full of friendly meetings, master classes given by the conductors of the best world’s choirs, round tables, specialized trainings which have no analogs in festival motions, final rehearsals, revelation of leaders, memorizable flash mob on one of the most beautiful Mediterranean coasts near the town Hall of Lloret de Mar. A unique audio track is made annually specifically for this contest, and upon the arrival of the choirs to the contest a joint recording is made. The final concert of the festival will become a vivid closing of this grand event because singing itself will become a crown of the final canticle, when thousands of voices will blend together.
The provider of the contest is a festival competitive organization Fiestalonia Milenio (Spain), production center Fiestalonia International (Great Britain), the town hall of Lloret de Mar, the ministry of tourism of Catalonia, Sant Roma Church, the monastic complex Montserrat, the charity fund Fundación SOS. The event is held for popularization of art of the choral and vocal singing, the organ music, developing of artistic connections among vocal ensembles and choral groups from different cities and countries, for broadening repertoire of the choral groups, creating new professional contacts and experience interexchange.
All our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation without competing in the competition in the framework of the festival program *.
* For the choirs who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival are provided with joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing choirs will also perform at international friendship concerts combining with different choirs.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring your choir to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
24 – 28 March 2019, SPAIN
22 – 26 March 2020, SPAIN
21 – 25 March 2021, SPAIN
How it was last year! Check it here!
As an organiser of international choral festivals and competitions, Fiestalonia appeared as a result of our enthusiastic work, constant search for new ideas and the desire to replace the traditional festivals with more perfect and comfortable ones.
The exceptionally high quality of the festivals is guaranteed by the promise given by the team of Fiestalonia. Our company is strong thanks to our employees, each of whom is a highly qualified professional and a positive person. We create our festivals as stunning and emotionally charged events that invariably remain in memory as the most vivid life impressions.
We realise that, as a flagship of the industry of organisation of festival events, we have the opportunity to influence the established models of festivals through the introduction of the highest standards and innovations. We focus on quality, we think it is the most important and intrinsic value. We have achieved the position that Fiestalonia festivals personify the refinement embodying the best traditions of international cultural meetings.
Languages of the festival
– English and Spanish.
Why is it worth participating in this contest
- it is one of the biggest choir contests;
- impressive opening and closing ceremonies;
- the system of evaluation which guarantees the highest quality of judging;
- trainings, master-classes, round tables with the leading specialists and tutors in the field of choral singing;
- joint performance in the basilica of the Montserrat monastery with the most ancient European boys’ choir Escalonia
- transfer and excursion to Montserrat are included into the price;
- full board (buffet: breakfast, lunch, dinner + drinks);
- official international numbered certificates with the results of the contest are given not only the dance teams, but each individual participant is also given a personalized certificate;
- team heads and sponsors are given personalized thank-you letters on the official numbered letterhead of the kingdom of Spain;
- each choir is given a personalized certificate for its contribution into the cultural international progress in the form of engraving on a special base;
- possibility of solo performances;
- master classes will be held by one of the most outstanding conductors.
Address of the Mayor of Lloret de Mar to the participants of contest “GOLDEN VOICES OF MONTSERRAT”
The total time of a performance cannot exceed 10 minutes.
For all the choirs there’s provided a visit to the Montserrat monastery and a performance in the basilica of the monastery jointly with the boys’ choir Escalonia.
* F1/F2/F3 – Participants of this category do not perform in the Basilica of Montserrat
* Only choirs which prepare one musical composition a capella, are allowed to sing in Montserrat. All the girls and women should have their shoulders covered during the performance in the monastery of Montserrat.
* Attention: repertoire of the performances in the Basilica of Montserrat must comply with a place of performance.
We ask you to bring 5 copies of the sheet music of each musical composition which is going to be performed. One copy is to be given to the providers of the contest. It’s important that after their publication the choral compositions may be performed just according to the originals of the music notations or to the authorized copies. The copies are to be certified by a stamp and a text only for the jury’s rehearsal during the contest and after the contest they will be eliminated.
Each sheet music should be printed on paper to be handed in.
We provide an electrical piano Yamaha Arius YDP 143 keys 88 with two functions of organ.
1st function Church Organ – typical sound of organ with the register 8 feet, 4 feet, 2 feet. It suits for performing of the church music of the baroque period.
2nd function Church Organ – sound of a full organ basihyal which is often associated with “Toccata and Fugue” by Bach J.S.
Chairman of the jury in 2019
The jury of the contest consists of the experts in the field of choral music recognized all over the world. The jury of the contest is formed of the most important cultural workers of Spain, Italy, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers.
Information about members of the jury of the contest “GOLDEN VOICES OF MONTSERRAT” will be published later.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- choral sound;
- correspondence to the music notations;
- general artistic impression.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “GOLDEN VOICES OF MONTSERRAT” (platinum diploma).
* Awards and certificates will be given to all the choirs from the providers of the contest. Each choir is given a personalized certificate in the form of engraving on a special base for its contribution into the cultural international relations. Each team head and sponsor will be given a personalized thank-you letter on the official numbered letterhead of the kingdom of Spain. Special trophy cups are provided for the winners.
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
– rehearsal (on request);
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
12:30 – lunch;
14:00 – rehearsal;
15:30 – beginning of the contest concert;
20:00 – dinner.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – master class;
11:00 – rehearsal of choirs;
11:30 – studio recording of joint choral singing;
13:00 – lunch;
14:30 – joint choral singing of choirs on a town square near the town hall (shooting of a video);
20:00 – dinner;
21:00 – a visit to a flamenco show with vine, sangria, champaign and other drinks. (for an additional charge)
4th day Wednesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – a trip to the monastic complex Montserrat, an excursion in Montserrat (included into the price);
11:30 – meeting in the basilica before the performance;
13:00 – beginning of the concert in the basilica of the monastery Montserrat;
19:30 – dinner;
20:30 – beginning of the gala concert of the winners and giving out of the awards.
5th day Thursday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
* If you miss the lunch due to excursions or performances you have to ask for dry rations at the reception of your hotel the day before.
Theatre of Lloret de Mar
Monastic complex Montserrat
What is included into the price
- 5 days and 4 nights in a three-star hotel or in four-star hotel;
- full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner)+ drinks;
- two concerts: competitive viewing; Gala Concert with award ceremony;
- certificates and trophy cups from the contest providers.
- special thank-you certificates in the form of engraving on a special base from the town authorities.
- festival fee;
- transfer + excursion to Montserrat;
- master class;
- studio recording of a joint singing of the choirs;
- joint singing of choirs on the main town square near the town hall;
|Three-star hotel with full board||Four-star hotel with full board|
* All the rooms in these hotels are reserved as the applications for participation and payment are received. After these hotels are fully booked, you may be offered alternative options for hotels at higher prices. Don’t miss the opportunity and arrange the trip now!
- soloists pay extra €50.
- duets pay extra €40 for a duet.
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra charge €15 per person.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
Attention: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in: in Spain – 0.5 Euro / person / night
* ATTENTION! Please be aware that the Master Class that is included in the festival are COMMON and will be attended by ALL participants. Optionally, you can order a separate master class for an additional charge:
- Individual Master Class 100Euro / 1 hour
- Collective Master Class 400Euro / 1,5 hours
- Original pictures from the contest, gala concert and the award ceremony on a CD/flash drive;
- Photo services during the trips/excursions. Photoshoots for groups and soloists;
- Hair stylist (Make up and hairstyle);
- Master classes from the Spanish art workers;
- Assisting Translator. (accompanying person);
- Video shooting of a contest/gala concert.
* All the extra services are provided on demand. They should be requested minimum 3 days before the beginning of the contest. The prices of the extra services are to be specified from our managers.
- Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
- Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
- Port Aventura
- Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)!
- Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
- Flamenco show with dinner and drinks
To book a contest trip contact us at our e-mail: email@example.com
Telephone: 0034 972 376550 / 0034 688 276248
After that we will refer you to the authorized tour operator in you country
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click image for download booklet
Booklet of our choral competitions
Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs.