International Choir Competition «GOLDEN VOICES OF BARCELONA» it is a great opportunity for both professional and amateur, non-profit choirs to participate in this unique international festival-contest. In addition to competitive performances, friendly concerts, gala concert in the main square city, the winning choir will have a rare opportunity to perform in the heart of Barcelona, in the symbol of this magnificent city, in the extraordinary creation of outstanding Gaudi – Sagrada Familia (Sagrada Família)!
The combination of the festival with the competition gives an opportunity to plunge into the atmosphere of celebration and music including choirs wishing to perform outside the contest viewing, and also have the ability to perform in the Sagrada Familia.
This is a significant event for choirs combined with an excellent opportunity to relax on the beautiful coast of the Mediterranean under the tender rays of the Spanish sun, visit Girona, Barcelona, visit the Monastery of Montserrat, the French town of Carcassonne or theater-museum of Salvador Dali in Figueras.
The organizers of this competition – Festival and Contest movement Fiestalonia Milenio (Spain), the Municipality of Lloret de Mar, Convention Bureau, Church of Sant Roma, International Federation For Choral Music | ACAVe
The event is held to promote the art of choral and vocal singing, organ music, as well as to develop creative links between vocal ensembles and choirs of countries, to expand the repertoire of choral groups, creating new choral contacts and exchange of experience.
The participating choir that gets the most points will win the «GOLDEN VOICES OF BARCELONA» competition and be rewarded with the chance to give a 20-minute performance at La Sagrada Família. The concert repertoire should be based on religious content, although a folk piece may be included.
Dates of the event
03 – 07 July 2016, SPAIN
09 – 13 July 2017, SPAIN
08 – 12 July 2018, SPAIN
Languages of the festival
– English and Spanish.
Why is it worth participating in this contest
- one of the biggest choir’s event;
- not just rare, but the only opportunity to perform in the most famous Catholic church in Europe. Now this is real!;
- Sagrada Família – the most popular attraction in one of the most visited European city, which means you will be able to perform in front of thousands of people from all over the world;
- participation in competitions of this magnitude – a great motivation for children and adults to develop their talents and improve themselves;
- bright opening and closing ceremonies;
- evaluation system, which guarantees the highest quality of judging;
- Full board (buffet: breakfast, lunch, dinner + drinks);
- official international numbered certificates with the results of the contest are given not only the choirs, but each individual participant is also given a personalized certificate;
- team heads and sponsors are given personalized thank-you letters on the official numbered letterhead of the kingdom of Spain;
- each choir is given a personalized certificate for its contribution into the cultural international progress in the form of engraving on a special base;
- possibility of solo performances.