International festival - contest Gran Fiesta
International festival – contest Gran Fiesta is positioned as a serious competition of different genres of European importance, in which, artists from different countries take part. It is organized by the Spanish Festival Committee Fiestalonia. The competition attracts teams and individual performers with the aim to participate in the festival, to win the hearts of the audience, as well as to aim to win the difficult battle for Grand Prix of the competition. The International Festival offers a parade of participants on the main square of the city. At the contest there are representatives of the authorities, sponsors and the media. In their free time participants are invited to a rich excursion and entertainment program, as well as intellectual games and disco.
International Festival – Competition GRAN FIESTA – determines the rewards of competition: diploma, winners of three degrees and the owners of the Grand – Prix. All teams and participants of the festival are awarded with prizes and certificates of the founders and organizers of the event. The jury consists of figures of Culture from Spain, France, Canada and other countries.
The concept of connection the contest with the festival provides a real opportunity and a chance to compare your performance in the competition, learn from others, go on excursions and get acquainted with the country. Participants will feel the great atmosphere of this international event and attend master classes, participate in joint activities such as Flash mobs, quizzes and discos.
All of our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation in the Festival without competing in the competition*.
* For those who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival. They will still participate in the other festival activities including: joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing participants will also perform at international friendship concerts combining different kinds of art.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
01 – 04 December 2019 – Spain
05 – 08 January 2020 | 06 – 09 December 2020 – Spain
03 – 06 January 2021 | 05 – 08 December 2021 – Spain
02 – 05 January 2022 | 04 – 07 December 2022 – Spain
How it was last year! Check it here!
Languages of the festival
– English and Spanish.
Address of the Mayor of Lloret de Mar to the participants of international festival – contest
GROUP (А) – choreographic groups and soloists:
- I category: classic ballet;
- II category: folk dance, folk stylized dance, ethnic dance;
- III category: ballroom dance;
- IV category: sport dance (hip hop, disco, techno, street, electric boogie, break dance, pop locking and other street styles);
- V category: modern dance (jazz modern, neoclassic etc.);
- VI category: variety dance;
- VII category: social dance (Argentine Tango, balboa, bachata, boogie, waltz, West Coast swing, zouk, Irish set dancing, country music, kizomba, lindy hop, machine, merengue, reggaeton, rueda, salsa, samba de gafieira, Semba, forró, hustle, and others).
GROUP (B) – instrumental groups and soloists:
- I category: percussion instruments’ ensembles;
- II category: guitarists’ ensembles;
- III category: jazz style ensembles;
- IV category: chamber orchestras;
- V category: symphony orchestras;
- VI category: accordion and button accordion players’ orchestras;
- VII category: folk orchestra ensembles;
- VIII category: soloists and piano ensembles (programs for a one piano).
GROUP (С) – singing (choirs, musicals, ensembles, duets, trios, soloists):
- I category: academic singing;
- II category: jazz singing;
- III category: rock and rap;
- IV category: folk singing;
- V category: pop singing;
- VI category: musicals.
GROUP (D) – artists and authors of the decorative and applied arts’ products, fashion theaters:
- I category: fashion theaters;
- II category: students of art schools and child art schools;
- III category: students of art colleges, academies and institutes;
- IV category: young professional artists;
- V category: photo and video works (photo workshops, photo exhibitions, studios, authors).
GROUP (E) – Original genre*:
- I category: circus, clownery, acrobatics, original gymnastics, juggling;
- II category: illusion;
- III category: pantomime, variety miniature, theatre miniature;
- IV category: art of speaking word, readers.
*Air, fire and animal acts are prohibited.
Age groups of the participants
- I) younger than 9 years old
- II ) 10-12 years
- III) 13-15 years
- IV) 16-19 years
- V) 20-25 years
- VI) from 26 years
* The group age is based on the majority of the participants.
- Each group should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions of 2-5 minutes each. Each soloist should present 1 performance up to 4 minutes.
- All the compositions should be recorded on a USB flash drive. And also it’s obligatory to have a backup copy of tracks on a CD.
- In the application it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one set.
- It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets and small groups of 3-5 persons.
- During the competitive performances as to the groups, so to the soloists it’s prohibited to use lip-synching sound records.
The jury of the contest is formed of the most important choreographers and cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers. Participation in the gala concert isn’t guaranteed for everyone and is confirmed due to the results of the previous shows according to the consolidated legislative decision of the contest providers and the judges.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
GROUP (А) – choreographic groups and soloists
– mastery – technique of movements’ execution;
– compositional creation of the performance;
– suitability for the theatre (flexibility, costume, properties, performing standards);
– choice and correspondence of the musical and choreographic materials;
– artistic skills, disclosure of an artistic image.
GROUP (B) – instrumental groups and soloists
– degree of the complexity of the repertoire;
– degree of virtuosity and technical capability;
– scenic culture, artistic skill, posture.
GROUP (С) – singing (choirs, ensembles, duets, trios, soloists)
– purity of the intonation and quality of sound;
– beauty of the timbre and the voice strength;
– scenic culture, artistic skill
– Mastery – technique of movements’ execution
GROUP (D) – artists and authors of the decorative and applied arts’ products, fashion theaters
– author’s creative personality and mastery;
– composition methods skill
– skills in the technique the work is done;
– uniqueness of the idea and execution;
– colour solution.
GROUP (E) – Original genre
– level of preparation and mastery;
– suitability for the theatre (flexibility, costume, properties, performing standards);
– artistic mounting of the program.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “Gran Fiesta” (platinum diploma).
* ensembles, soloists, duets and small groups – winners of the first prizes and the Grand prize are given personalized trophy cups FIESTALONIA. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest. Each group gets from the Spanish authorities an additional diploma in the form of engraving on a special base. Each team head and sponsor will be given thank-you letters on the letterhead of the kingdom of Spain.
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs.
– rehearsal (on request);
20:00 – dinner;
8:00 – breakfast;
11:00 – rehearsal;
13:00 – lunch;
14:00 – beginning of the festival contest;
19:30 – Gala concert with award ceremony;
21:00 — dinner.
8:00 – breakfast, free day;
09:00 – excursions (optionally for an additional charge);
13:00 – lunch;
20:00 – dinner.
8:00 – breakfast;
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you miss the lunch due to excursions or performances you have to ask for dry rations at the reception of your hotel the day before.
- accommodation in a triple room €140 /person – extra day €26/person
- accommodation in a double room €155 /person – extra day €34/person
- accommodation in a single room €200 /person – extra day €41/person
- soloists pay extra €50.
- duets pay extra €40 for a duet.
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra charge €15 per person.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
What is included into the price
- 4 days and 3 nights in a three-star hotel;
- full board, buffet (breakfast, lunch, dinner) + drinks;
- competitive viewing and Gala Concert with an award ceremony;
- special thank-you certificates in the form of engraving on a special basis from the town´s authorities
- thank-you letters for choreographers and sponsors on the official numbered letterheads of the kingdom of Spain.
- festival fee;
- for team leaders from 25 people we provide accommodation in a double room for the cost of living in a triple room;
Attention: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
Attention: Check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in: in Spain – 0.5 Euro / person / night
- Original pictures from the contest, gala concert and the award ceremony on a CD/flash drive;
- Photo services during the trips/excursions. Photoshoots for groups and soloists;
- Hair stylist (Make up and hairstyle);
- Master classes from the Spanish art workers;
- Assisting Translator. (accompanying person);
- Video shooting of a contest/gala concert.* All the extra services are provided on demand. They should be requested minimum 3 days before the beginning of the contest. The prices of the extra services are to be specified from our managers.
- Barcelona city sightseeing tour + The Spanish Village or Aquarium
- Girona + museum of Salvador Dali
- Port Aventura
- Tossa de Mar (city-fortress)
- Chivalrous tournament with dinner and drinks
- Flamenco show with dinner and drinks
To book a contest trip contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0034 972 376550 / 0034 688 276248
After that we will refer you to the authorized tour operator in you country
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to email@example.com
Catalog of our festivals and competitions 2018 – 2020
Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs.