International choir contest "World of choirs"
International choir contest “WORLD OF CHOIRS” is an international event organized for development, spreading and popularization of choral singing. Choirs from all over the world meet on the same stage as rivals but in a warm, friendly atmosphere to demonstrate not only their mastery but also their culture, uniqueness of choral singing. Not only widely experienced choirs can participate in the competition but also those for which participation in a contest of such scale will become a new step and motivation for developing of their talents. It perfectly suits the events of this kind. Also we cannot help noticing that you’ll be surprised while reading the list of the judges of this contest.
During the festival World of Choirs, the famous Italian choirmaster SIMONE BAIOCCHI will conduct the master class “Venice Carnival” of the composer Rossini for the 150th anniversary of the death of the great composer.
Italian choirmaster and conductor SIMONE BAIOCCHI, from 1990 to 2000, was organist and choir director in the Cathedral of Pesaro.
In 2006, he formed Rossini’s chamber choir.
He is the author of works for choral, organ, orchestral and chamber performances, as well as scenic music for the theatre.
Currently, he is the artistic director of the “World Organ Day – Pesaro”.
He directed Rossini chamber choir and Philharmonic Markigian’s orchestra at a concert in August 2011 in the courtyard of the Papal Palace of His Holiness Benedict XVI.
Since 1991, he has been a member of the Italian association Santa Cecilia, and has been the director of the secretariat of composers AISC since 2014.
All our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation without competing in the competition in the framework of the festival program *.
* For the choirs who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival are provided with joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing choirs will also perform at international friendship concerts combining with different choirs.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring your choir to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
29 April – 02 May 2018 – Pesaro, Italy
28 April – 01 May 2019 – Pesaro, Italy
We would like to let you know that after the festival days and the final concert you can take some extra days to relax on the seaside and to enjoy the excursion program. For more details, please make a request to our managers at firstname.lastname@example.org or write / call on the online consultant.
As an organiser of international choral festivals and competitions, Fiestalonia appeared as a result of our enthusiastic work, constant search for new ideas and the desire to replace the traditional festivals with more perfect and comfortable ones.
The exceptionally high quality of the festivals is guaranteed by the promise given by the team of Fiestalonia. Our company is strong thanks to our employees, each of whom is a highly qualified professional and a positive person. We create our festivals as stunning and emotionally charged events that invariably remain in memory as the most vivid life impressions.
We realise that, as a flagship of the industry of organisation of festival events, we have the opportunity to influence the established models of festivals through the introduction of the highest standards and innovations. We focus on quality, we think it is the most important and intrinsic value. We have achieved the position that Fiestalonia festivals personify the refinement embodying the best traditions of international cultural meetings.
Languages of the festival
– English and Italian.
Why is it worth participating in this contest
- it is one of the biggest choir contests;
- impressive opening and closing ceremonies;
- the system of evaluation which guarantees the highest quality of judging;
- trainings, master-classes, round tables with the leading specialists and tutors in the field of choral singing;
- half board, buffet (breakfast and dinner) + water;
- official international numbered certificates with the results of the contest are given not only the dance teams, but each individual participant is also given a personalized certificate;
- team heads and sponsors are given personalized thank-you letters;
- each choir is given a personalized certificate for its contribution into the cultural international progress in the form of engraving on a special base;
- possibility of solo performances.
Comune di Pesaro 2018
International Federation For Choral Music
The total time of a performance cannot exceed 10 minutes.
We ask you to bring 5 copies of the sheet music of each musical composition which is going to be performed. One copy is to be given to the providers of the contest. It’s important that after their publication the choral compositions may be performed just according to the originals of the music notations or to the authorized copies. The copies are to be certified by a stamp and a text only for the jury’s rehearsal during the contest and after the contest they will be eliminated. Each sheet music should be printed on paper to be handed in.
The Head of the jury in 2018:
The jury of the contest consists of the experts in the field of choral music recognized all over the world. The jury of the contest is formed of the most important cultural workers of Spain, Italy, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- choral sound
- correspondence to the music notations
- general artistic impression
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “WORLD OF CHOIRS” (platinum diploma).
*All Art Groups or soloists who win the first prize receive a special award in the form of an engraved plaque.Winners of the Grand Prix are given trophies from Fiestalonia. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest.
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– registration of the participants, presentation of the excursion programs;
20:00 – dinner.
8:00 – breakfast;
12:00 – organized trip to the contest;
13:00 – rehearsal;
15:00 – beginning of the concert;
20:30 – organized arrival to the hotel;
21:00 – dinner in the hotel.
8:00 – breakfast;
organized trip to the gala concert;
18:00 – beginning of the concert;
giving out of the awards;
19:00 – trip back to the hotel;
20:00 – dinner.
8:00 – breakfast;
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
* If your group books extra days, you can book in our office trips to Rome, Venice and Florence – you can ask for their cost from our managers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- accommodation in a triple room €215 /a person – extra day €40/a person
- accommodation in a double room €245 /a person – extra day €46/a person
- accommodation in a single room €325 /a person – extra day €76/a person
- soloists pay extra €50.
- duets pay extra €40 for a duet.
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra charge €15 per person.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
What is included into the prices
- 4 days and 3 nights in a three-star hotel;
- half board, buffet (breakfast and dinner) + water;
- two concerts: competitive viewing; Gala Concert with award ceremony;
- certificates and trophy cups from the contest providers;
- thank-you letters for profesors and sponsors;
- festival fee;
- master classes are possible;
- transfer from the hotel to the places of performances and back to the hotel.
ATTENTION: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
ATTENTION: Check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in: in Italy – 1.5 Euro / person / night
- Trip to the beach
To book a contest trip contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0034 972 376550 / 0034 688 276248
After that we will refer you to the authorized tour operator in you country
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to email@example.com
In 2018, we invite you to a special event in Spain for conductors and choir leaders!
Booklet of our choral competitions
Dear friends! Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs.