Training for choir conductors
One of the most important components of all the international choral festivals organized by Fiestalonia is the education and direct exchange of experience between the members of the choirs and the choir conductors. However, sometimes the content of the programs gets repeated on these festivals, and that is why we have come up with a great offer for you – a completely new formula for gaining experience in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Have you ever wondered whether it is possible to turn the conference or workshop into an interactive game? To gain experience in a relaxed and accessible way? And to enjoy a wonderful journey at the same time? We offer you a completely unique formula of a Training for choir conductors, through which you will gain valuable tools for your professional activities, make new friends and discover new potential in yourself! We invite everybody to take part in Training for choir conductors designed for choral conductors and educators.
This Training for choir conductors consists of four practical parts:
1. Visit the performances of the participants at the International Festival Golden Voices of Montserrat.
You will enjoy the singing of choirs from different countries and at the same time you will have a chance to form part of the organizing committee of the festival and experience pleasure from the fact of giving people the happiness of singing! During the international festival Golden Voices of Montserrat you will also have a great opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the Costa Brava, Barcelona and views from the mountains of Montserrat.
2. Master class with Colin Touchin
3. Seminar with Colin Touchin (2 hours).
– Topics of Training for choir conductors can include (and participants can suggest additional topics for consideration):
Rehearsal planning, concert schedules, maximising time;
Rehearsal discipline and organisation; creating areas of responsibility within the choir;
Programme planning for audiences; building the choral community;
Mixing with other singers – blending choral tones and styles;
Adjudication issues – what do adjudicators listen and look for? what gets higher or lower marks?
a) Tuning and toning your choir
b) Blending unisons and balancing harmonies
c) Projecting emotion
d) Controlling expression
e) Increasing efficiency of gestures
f) Dynamic shaping and enhanced phrasing
g) Stacking/re-arranging voice-parts
4. Workshop (2 hours) – the direct exchange of experience on Training for choir conductors between choirmasters.
We all know that for excellent accuracy and expression, the gestures of the conductor of the choir are fundamental. On this very practical and certainly desired session, each participant can share his/her experience and show especially important hand gestures, as well as demonstrate how to use your body and facial expressions in order to achieve the best sound and capabilities of your choir.
What do international festivals usually lack from the point of view of the participants of the festivals? By brainstorming ideas, we will certainly collect a lot of your proposals and bring the best of them to life in our future festivals!
During our workshop we will also investigate the importance of a positive attitude to life and inner harmony for such a class as singing.
Also, you will have the opportunity to speak on free themes and share your experience with each other.
This trip will become for you a breath of fresh air and a really outstanding event in your professional life.
Here are the options for you:
– You can come as choirmaster for our specially organized program of choral event;
– You can come along with your own choir and thus: participate in the competition or a non-competitive program of the International Festival “Golden Voices of Montserrat” and in the event designed for choir conductors and teachers.
Dates of theTraining for choir conductors
18 – 22 March 2018, SPAIN
Prices of Training for choir conductors
Accommodation with half board, buffet in 4**** hotel.
- accommodation in a triple room €245 /a person – extra day €28/a person
- accommodation in a double room €265 /a person – extra day €37/a person
- accommodation in a single room €355 /a person – extra day €44/a person
* Also you can add lunches by 5€/lunch
1st day Sunday:
– check-in at the hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs;
– discotheque and the meeting party of the participants of the festival.
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – seminar with Colin Touchin (2h);
12:30 – lunch;
14:00 – rehearsal in costumes;
15:30 – beginning of the contest concert;
20:00 – dinner.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – master class;
11:00 – rehearsal of choirs;
11:30 – studio recording of joint choral singing;
13:00 – lunch;
14:30 – joint choral singing of choirs at the town square near the town hall (shooting of a video);
16:00 – workshop (2 hours);
20:00 – dinner;
21:00 – a visit to a flamenco show with vine, sangria, champaign and other drinks. (for an additional charge)
4th day Wednesday:
8:00 – breakfast;
9:00 – a trip to the monastic complex Montserrat, an excursion in Montserrat (included into the price);
11:30 – meeting in the basilica before the performance;
13:00 – beginning of the concert in the basilica of the monastery Montserrat;
19:30 – dinner;
20:30 – beginning of the gala concert of the winners and giving out of the awards.
5th day Thursday:
– check out from the hotel at 10:00.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: firstname.lastname@example.org
Period of accepting the applications for Training for choir conductors
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to email@example.com