International open contest of instrumental performers “OPEN ITALY” is annually held in Italy. It is a unique competition not only for the participants but for their teachers too. This contest gives a chance to show your worth and win prestigious European prizes. After the end of the contest and after announcing the results there’s held a round table with the judges. Within the limits of the contest there’s provided a master class. Instrumentalists from all over the world are invited to participate this contest. Founders of this international competition is a festival competitive organization Fiestalonia Milenio (Spain), association Ad Arte (Italy), production center of talented performers Fiestalonia International.
All our programs consist of two parts:
- Participation in the competition and festival
- Participation without competing in the competition in the framework of the festival program *.
* For the instrumentalists who don’t want to participate in the competitive program, but wish to participate in the festival are provided with joint rehearsals, workshops and master classes, where they receive advice and an official certificate from the renowned international experts during a brief discussion in an open and friendly atmosphere. Non competing musicians will also perform at international friendship concerts combining with different musical directions.
Communication with other participants, an open exchange of experience as well as a lot of master classes with internationally recognized experts, will certainly bring you to a whole new level of creativity!
Dates of the event
26 – 29 April 2020 – Pesaro, Italy
25 – 28 April 2021 – Pesaro, Italy
24 – 27 April 2022 – Pesaro, Italy
We would like to let you know that after the festival days and the final concert you can take some extra days to relax on the seaside and to enjoy the excursion program. For more details, please make a request to our managers at firstname.lastname@example.org or write / call on the online consultant.
How it was last year! Check it here!
Languages of the festival
– English and Italian.
Comune di Pesaro 2019
- piano solo, piano groups for one instrument (it’s not allowed to perform the program playing more than one instrument);
- folklore instruments: bayan, accordion, domra, balalaika and other instruments (soloists and groups);
- orchestral instruments: bowed string, wind and percussion instruments (soloists and groups);
- guitar (soloists and groups).
Age groups of the participants and regulations
- 1st – 7- 9 years old freestyle 5 minutes maximum
- 2nd – 10-11 years old freestyle 6 minutes maximum
- 3rd – 12-13 years old freestyle 8 minutes maximum
- 4th – 14-15 years old freestyle 10 minutes maximum
- 5th – 16-17 years old freestyle 11 minutes maximum
- 6th – 18- 20 years old freestyle 12 minutes maximum
- 20 years old and older freestyle 13 minutes maximum
- Each group or soloist should present 1 or 2 competitive compositions.
- Participants who used tracks should record it on a USB flash drive. And also it’s obligatory to have a backup copy of tracks on a CD.
- In the application, it’s necessary to specify if the layout of performances is needed or if the work will be executed by one set.
- It’s obligatory to indicate soloists, duets and small groups of 3-5 persons.
- During the competitive performances as to the groups, so to the soloists, it’s prohibited to use lip-synching sound records.
- Due to the organizational issues and for providing optimal conditions for the participants, participation in the contest is allowed only in case if the whole services pack including accommodation of the participants is booked directly via the booking department of Fiestalonia Milenio or via the travel agencies we collaborate with. It is an obligatory condition, therefore it’s a part of the Participation conditions.
We provide a concert piano.
* instruments of other types should be provided by the participants of the contest.
The jury is formed of famous European musicians and specialists in the sphere of instrumental music, cultural workers of Spain, France, Canada and other countries of the Eastern Europe and Asia. International jury is formed by the contest’s providers. Participation in the gala concert isn’t guaranteed for everyone and is confirmed due to the results of the previous shows according to the consolidated legislative decision of the contest providers and the judges.
The jury has the right
- not to award all the prizes;
- to share prize among performers;
- to award special prizes to teachers for outstanding achievements;
- to make a decision about breaking a performance which exceeds the bounds of the regulations;
- the jury evaluates the participants on one hundred-point system, the final result is made up of the average quantity of the received scores and the average value of the progress scores;
- the jury’s decisions are final and are not subject to review.
- degree of the complexity of the repertoire;
- degree of virtuosity and technical capability;
- scenic culture, artistic skill, creative uniqueness.
The jury evaluates the participants on 100-point scale.
Regarding the genres of performing and nominations the awards are distributed due to seven age groups
- participants who received up to 70 points become prize winners (copper diploma);
- participants who received from 70 to 79 points – prize winners of the third degree (bronze diploma);
- participants who received from 80 to 89 points become prize winners of the second degree (silver diploma);
- participants who received from 90 to 99 points become prize winners of the first degree (gold diploma);
- participants who received 100 points become winners of the grand prize of the contest “OPEN ITALY”(platinum diploma).
*All Art Groups or soloists who win the first prize receive a special award in the form of an engraved plaque.Winners of the Grand Prix are given trophies from Fiestalonia. Each group participant is given a nominal diploma from the founders and providers of the contest.
1st day Sunday:
– check-in to a hotel from 14:00 pm;
– meeting with the organizers of the contest;
– presentation of the excursion programs.
2nd day Monday:
8:00 – breakfast;
14:00 – full dress rehearsal;
17:00 – beginning of the concert;
20:00 – dinner.
3rd day Tuesday:
8:00 – breakfast, free day;
09:00 – excursions (optional for extra charge);
19:00 – dinner;
20:00 – beginning of the gala concert and giving out of the awards;
4th day Wednesday:
– check out of the hotel at 10.00 am.
* ATTENTION! Organizers have opportunity to modify the program.
* ATTENTION! We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
* If your group books extra days, you can book in our office trips to Rome, Venice and Florence – you can ask for their cost from our managers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- accommodation in a triple room €215 /person – extra day €41/person
- accommodation in a double room €245 /person – extra day €47/person
- accommodation in a single room €325 /person – extra day €77/person
No additional payments for soloists, musical groups and orchestras.
If participants of this musical groups and orchestras also want to act individually, they have extra pay:
- soloists pay extra €25.
- duets pay extra €25 for a duet.
- small groups of 3-5 persons pay extra €30 for a group.
- For participating in each additional nomination – extra charge €15 per person.
Each 25th group’s participant gets a pack of our services for free!*
*All the list of the assignable services you can find in the section “What is included into the price”.
What is included into the price
- 4 days and 3 nights in a three-star hotel;
- half board (breakfast and dinner) + drinks;
- thank-you letters for teachers and sponsors;
- festival fee;
- competitive viewing, Gala Concert with award ceremony;
- round table for the teachers with the president of jury;
- nominal diplomas for all the participants;
- master class.
Attention: We can provide you with a transfer from airports and train stations to the hotel and back. Ask our managers for the price: email@example.com
Attention: Check out from the hotels is at 10:00 am
* Price does not include tourist tax.
Tourist tax is paid directly by the client directly to the hotel at check in: in Italy – 1.5 Euro / person / night
- Trip to the beach
To take part in the contest contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0034 972 376 550 / 0034 602 493 188
Period of accepting the applications
- the last day of receiving of the applications is for 30 days before the beginning of the festival;
- the last day of payment is for 21 days before the beginning of the festival;
- terms and conditions of the agreement are to be requested from our managers.
Completed application please send to email@example.com
Catalog of our festivals and competitions 2018 – 2020
Your creative group wants to participate in one of our international festivals but your budget for this year is up? The tickets are too pricy or your creative group has not enough funds to participate in one of the contests? Don’t lose hope, because many artistic groups face these problems. Don’t collapse, we’ll give you some advice how to find a sponsor.
1. Address to the authorities
Address to the state regional organizations which can be ministries of culture or public departments of culture, education and work with youth. Write an official petition and amplify it with lively pictures. Remember that the first impression is very important. From our side the international festival committee FIESTALONIA will provide you with an official petition addressing the official organizations to assist in helping you to participate in an international festival and present there your country and region.
2. Turn to entrepreneurs for help
Business is always interested in creation of a favorable image and promotion of its production and services. Try to convince them that an investment into the propaganda of their own country and their folk out of the country will always do only the good. FIESTALONIA has developed a special program for your sponsors. Each sponsor can be presented on the festival in the form of advertising products, banners and the foremen can do short commentaries about sponsors during the concert. The organizing committee of the festival and municipal authorities give official thank you letters into the address of the sponsors as their gratitude for the development of cultural relations among different countries. Your artistic group can print the logo of your sponsor on your own T-shirts. All this makes a positive image for the sponsor as thousands of people will get to see that.
3. FIESTALONIA prepares an official petition
FIESTALONIA sends an official petition to the address of the official authorities in your region or town with a request to support your artistic group in presentation of your region on an international contest. Also FIESTALONIA can send official letters of support from regional authorities of the countries which receive a contest to the address of the regional authorities in your country.
4. Organize a free concert
Organize a free concert in your town and raise donation funds. While doing this prepare vivid posters which explain your desire to participate in the international contest. During the concert ask people to give donations as your desire for demonstrating your talent and culture is a part of a common cause.
5. Address the culture supporting funds
Certainly there exist associations and funds which give help in preservation and development of culture in your region. Gather as more recommendations and references as possible and address them. Anyways it’s their obligation to help talented performers.
6. Go through the Mass Media
Attract the attention of the Mass Media. Prepare an article about a coming festival and about the necessity to participate in it. Tell the press about the importance of participating in festivals and contests for cultural development. The press always willingly writes about culture and the upcoming events, especially if it concerns the reputation of the country and the propaganda of the culture of the country abroad. In the article try to explain about the upcoming festival in detail and for receiving the necessary information address FIESTALONIA. We will willingly introduce you the press releases.
7. Use social networks
To attract attention to the trip use social networks at most. Be inimitable and ingenious. Get together with all the group and brainstorm how to become more creative.
8. Donations’ gathering
You can organize donations’ gathering through electronic payment systems. If each of your friends transfers one euro, you may get up to one thousand euros.
9. Make money during the concerts
During the concerts on our and other contests you can sell your CDs and souvenirs.